Thursday, April 23, 2020

Greece - Planning My Next Passport Adventure

Greece!
Sun-drenched islands, whitewashed towns, and the history of mythological characters that excite the geek in me, Greece has been a bucket list destination for me personally for as long as I can remember. June 2021 I will get to check this off and I'm doing it with a fun group of travelers! Hooray! Want to come with us?

I am looking forward to the historic ruins in Athens, the white washed dwellings of Mykonos, the sun-soaked cafes on Crete, the famous views on Santorini, and maybe ride a donkey. Ahh it all sounds dreamy. Wrap it up in a Pita with feta for me please!

I am leading and traveling with a group June 2021 starting in Athens. We will cruise on the fantastic Azamara Pursuit departing on the 19th of June for 7 nights. We plan on land tours on the front and back end of the ocean portion. That part will be up to the individual traveler.

For the cruise portion we will get to have port days and explore Mykonos, Ephesus Turkey, Patmos, Rhodes, Crete and Santorini. Happy Dance like my Big Fat Greek Vacation! This Greece Voyage on Azamara has been on my to do list for a while. Azamara is known for these country intensive, culturally immersive cruises featuring unique experiences. Their ships are like boutique hotels at sea and are the perfect size for allowing longer time in port! Mykonos, Ephesus and Rhodes are 10pm depart times! Can you say dinner on shore?

With our group cruise we will receive shipboard credit for each guest, a cocktail reception for just us, private excursions and a specialty dinner for just our crew of cruisers- just to name a few fantastic add ons to our experience. It will be an opportunity to have group amenities but spend as much or as little time with the group. I always say it is your vacation- make it what you want!

With Azamara we will have an AzAmazing evening which is a special surprise night in one of the ports. In the past I have had clients enjoy the opportunity to see a Russian Ballet in Cuba and an Opera in France. I can't wait to find out what they have planned for our cruise. Azamara also has a ship wide white night party by the pool on every cruise so, I am glad I have a year to find my white night outfit for dancing under the stars of the Mediterranean Sea.

Pre and / or post cruise will give us the opportunity to explore land destinations. This is the part of the journey I can customize for each traveler to help them make their trip the best. In our group people are exploring options of touring Athens on the front or back days of the cruise, looking at traveling to other islands for a few days of lounging by the sea and extending on both ends of the cruise to see as much as they can. With my land partners in Greece, I will be able to customize the travel itinerary of each of my clients from airport transfers, hotels, tours, ferry tickets and even restaurant suggestion.

If traveling to Greece with us in this group, forming your own Greece group, taking a Mediterranean Cruise when it works best for you, or maybe exploring other locations within the country of Greece with your own custom itinerary is something you have on your list, send me a trip inquiry via my website www.deluxedestinationstraveler.com or email me at tonyabarber@travelxperts.com

INTENSIVE GREEK ISLES DISCOVERY with azamara club cruises

'Truly, there’s no other country quite like Greece, and it’s yours to discover on this Country-Intensive Voyage aboard the Azamara Pursuit.
This journey begins in Athens, then we’re off for a late stay on the glamorous island paradise of Mykonos, where after-dark dancing and dining adventures are waiting.
From here, discover the many epic landmarks of Ephesus. Walk in the footsteps of St. Paul at the Amphitheater and explore the house where Mary, Mother of Jesus, once lived.
Next, we’ll island-hop to Patmos and historic Rhodes (where you’ll be transported back to the days of the Byzantine Empire) before arriving on Crete where modern Agios Nikolaos awaits. 
Then it’s on to the bustling tavernas and volcanic beaches of our final port—Santorini—where you can finish your day with a glass of Vinsanto (a sweet, strong dessert wine) before our return to Athens."









No comments:

Post a Comment